Shelley Chic

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas at our house
















This morning it was really cold- feeling more like Christmas time. Evan has been moving the counter on our Christmas train & updating us daily on the days left until Christmas. I remember when Mason did that too. We're all getting excited- I love spending time with our families. When I reflect on Christmases past, those are always the best memories- spending time with family, our boys in their pajamas, and well the excitement I felt as a child. One year when I was about 5 and my brother was 6 months old, Santa came down our snow filled street in a sleigh pulled by horses. That was so wonderful!!!!










Hope you enjoy the pics of our home at Christmas. The ceramic Santa was painted by my mom and is about 32 years old. The fork & spoon hung in my grandparent's house for as long as I could remember (they brought them back from a trip to Hawaii over 40 years ago). When they went to their new home in Heaven, I kept them. They bring back good memories of eating in their dining room. My grandma cooked me breakfast every morning when she watched Mason. My favorite was her pancakes and the little pan of syrup that she heated-yumm! It's the little things that really matter most.










And of course, I had to add both boys Christmas trees they have in their rooms. Every year, they get to buy a new ornament & we write their name & year on it. This has become a fun tradition. It's interesting to see what they choose each year- Mason always chooses a dog :) I love the pic of the living room with Lance reading Junie B. Jones to Evan- love that man!










Merry Christmas from my home to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment