Shelley Chic

Friday, May 6, 2011

Spring means in with the old???

At my house it does! I've been looking for a lamp at the thrift stores, but no luck until this week. My intentions were to paint it with the mirror look spray paint to give it the appearance of mercury glass. I am still deciding because I found a lamp that I'm really found of & it is the lightest shade of turquoise. I added a new drum shade & voila- looks very chic. The other things I found this week at the antique store are the cutest little turquoise fan (that really works), an old scale, and a straw holder (big hit with my younger son). When he got a straw, he ended up dumping all the straws out, so I have to give him a tutorial. Today, I was also elated to find the mason type jars with numbers at Tuesday Morning for $4 each! My tea bags and sports drink packages fit perfectly in them. Happy Mother's Day to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment