Shelley Chic

Thursday, August 25, 2011

No more Pool, it's Time for School!

Well, I wouldn't be more shocked if I woke up with my head sewn to the rug! My employer eliminated our division at work, so I thought ,"What the heck, I'll sub until something great comes along." Well, you know how God has that amazing way of having a much better plan than you ever expect and how He knows the gifts He has blessed us with even though we are too dumb to see it? He blessed me with a teaching job just 3 days later. Not just a job, but a job at the school where my boys go. We can literally walk to work (well if it weren't for those heels I like to wear). I am teaching fourth grade science & social studies- totally not what I would have picked for myself since I usually love teaching reading. Again, not realizing how much I would LOVE it. Teaching older kids and two subjects has been really nice & everyone has been so helpful & kind. So here it is, our first day of school; me & my favorite 12 & (almost)8 year old.


No comments:

Post a Comment