Shelley Chic

Friday, July 20, 2012

Put Your Feet Up & Stay A While

I came across this interesting little "tool stool" as it is labeled. As you can see someone's booty had bowed the stool seat a bit- Reminds me of one of my favorite songs... "I like big butts & I cannot lie!"- that Sir-Mix- a-Lot is pretty awesome, right? LOL It was in need of some TLC- so that's just what it got. It already had a great shade of industrial orange paint with other paint splatters here & there, plus it was a little beat up- (added coolness).I added batting to the seat, some fabric, and a leather belt for added manliness. This would be great as a foot stool-ottoman in a boy's room. I also found this serving cart/bar cart a couple of weeks ago & have taken it apart and painted the shelves. It is pretty old; there is a date stamped on the bottom shelf, but it is smeared & I can't quite make it out. I took off the old contact paper, sanded over the rust & then sealed it with some Rustoleum paint. Looks as good as new. The butcher block top is really great too, just needed some olive oil to shine it up. Both going on my etsy shop today. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment