Shelley Chic

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Aged Like a Fine Wine

My hubby found this gem at a neighbor's garage sale. She said it had been her grandmother's & it was really old. I was so excited when I saw it- old, worn, casters on the legs and as usual just needing some help to be beautiful again. Because of the age & type of wood, it had many shades of color once we sanded it. I decided to paint it lightly & then do some distressing so all that character could be seen. I found the amber colored hardware & knew they were perfect for this vanity. She's already been delivered to her new teenage owner. Sad to see her go, but excited someone else will be enjoying her beauty! (PS- excuse the primitive photography- a new camera is on my list of purchases)





1 comment:

  1. The amber colored pulls compliment the blue perfectly! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete