Shelley Chic

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Dresser & a Garage Sale Find Turned Spectacular






Well, I finished a dresser for someone who bought the sweet little rosey pink bed & night stand that I had for sale. She brought me a dresser & wanted it painted a purple w/ the fleur di lis added also to match the other furniture. So I was pretty pleased with the finished product. I forgot to take before pics, but you can use your imagination...























As for the garage sale find...this was the first piece I ever refinished & we commonly refer to it as the "masterpiece". When I first brought it into our dining room I thought my husband was going to go into shock. "How is that turquoise piece of furniture going to match our stuff?" he said. Now two years later he loves it too & gets how we made it work & brought more colors into our home as well. He has become the official sander of furniture when time permits- oh ya & the marketing guru :) So this piece was awful- I mean you wouldn't look twice at it, but now it has a new purpose & makes me smile everyday! Who says newer is better? They know nothing about character!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shelley! Maybe the people who bought the pink bed and blue chest could send you pics of their daughters room! Very Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's so much fun to transform these pieces, isn't it? Love the fleur di lis touch!

    Thank you so much for your very sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete