Shelley Chic

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Green is Great!!!!
















I bought this dresser/armoire during the summer and thought it had such great character. I brought it home and instantly mulled over what color to paint it. Of course green always comes to mind. After a bit of time thinking and waiting to finish other projects, I decided on green- shocker, I know. I found some really fantastic fabric at Hobby Lobby (I could spend my entire paycheck in that place :). The fabric has flowers and some turquoise & green too- "What woman wouldn't adore it?", I thought. Anyway, here are the before & after pics as usual. This could be great in a girls's room or any part of the home as storage & it just makes ya smile too! I hope someone loves it as much as I do... I'm listing it for $400 if you're interested. It is a very heavy, well made piece of furniture- made by Drexel. **SOLD

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!!!!! I absolutely love what you do with all of the furniture!!! I have always wanted to do things that but right now I am up to my ears in diapers and just trying to make it on a small amount of sleep. We have two under two. I was a first grade teacher before I had my precious little ones and think its great that you are teaching too. I love your creativity. My sister is going to love your blog as much as I do. She has a blog as well. thepolkadotshoes.blogspot.com She wrote a wonderful children's book that you might like for your classroom if you teach a lower grade. Penny and the Polkadot Shoes. It's a fun little story. Good luck and thanks for sharing your furniture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison for the kind words!!! How did you find my blog? Let me know if you ever need anything painted, I'd love to do it!

    ReplyDelete