Shelley Chic

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hope for the Hope Chest????








My friend Marcy brought me this little cedar chest to refinish. It already had great curves & style, but a little sanding, painting, and distressing gave it a facelift. This is the first piece I have actually done for someone rather than just refinishing & finding a home for the piece. She & her husband seemed very pleased, which made me breathe a sigh of relief. It's a lot of pressure to live up to other's expectations :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar dresser and night stands (same color style) and I am wanting to paint them black and distress them ... How do I do it? What kind of paint? How much sanding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ususally buy flat or eggshell paint. I sand everything down, paint, & then distress it by hand until I get it to look the way I want it to. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete