Shelley Chic

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tiffany Blue...I love you!

Okay, so I know I fall in love with many of the pieces I redo...like the dresser in the last post, but this little lady is truly a heart stopper! When I found her at my local Habitat for Humanity store, I was quite excited & better yet- 30% off furniture that day!!! So I, well we, (my bro & I) brought her home. She was in need of veneer being stripped away & some fresh new paint & graphic wallpaper to give her the Modern look she deserved. After looking at her for a while, I remembered my grandparents having a similar piece when I was younger- even more fond of her now :) Anyway, this was a family project I tell you- stripping veneer, painting, removing hardware & hinges to be able to paint, sanding & finallly adding the new back board with wallpaper (which my oldest son also helped pick out- good job Mason!). I love the complimentary colors of the Tiffany Blue/turquoise & the orange. I decided she needs a name worthy of her vintage & modern style as well as her beautiful frame, so Jacqueline it is. Jacqueline as in the "Jackie O." Yes, stunning & makes a statement wherever she goes. I listed Jacqueline on my Etsy shop today. She will be a beautiful addition to any home. She would look great in the kitchen, dining, nursery, or girl's room. Thanks for looking.

3 comments: